Cooties Ate My Father

A Gritty Tale of Cooties Gone Mad... Not for the Faint of Heart.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Page 26

...

"Sorry," I say, not knowing what else to. I add: "People call me Scout." Not really sure why I told him my name, but having already done so I spit in my hand and extend if for a shake.

"Gross," he says with a disgusted glance at the tiny amount of spittle on my palm, looking at it as if I'd just barfed on it. He adds: "I know who you are, Jean Louise Finch. I know everything about this town. And don't be sorry. It's not like you killed 'em."

I open my mouth, not sure what to say, but he speaks again, interrupting me. "Then again... they did die, thanks to people like you." Then he adds: "The name's Scarab. Joe Scarab." His arms are folded.

"What do you mean by that!?" I finally manage to say, whilst wiping my hand off on my jeans.

"It's my name. Jooe Scaa-raab. Sheesh yer slow."

"No not that, the other part! Whadayou mean people like me killed your parents!?"

...

flip page

flip back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home