Cooties Ate My Father

A Gritty Tale of Cooties Gone Mad... Not for the Faint of Heart.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Page 12

...

Dad shakes his head at me to indicate the answer I should give.

I am shaking my head too, at the same time. "No Ma'am," I answer. But I gulp and my eyes wander to the ceiling, giving away my guilt as I wonder if it might work in my favor explaining how it was worms not dirt that I was shoving down Geofrey's throat. So if you looked at it like that, technically I wasn't lying.

"So you didn't force Geoffrey to eat anything in front of the school, yesterday after school."

"No, I didn't force him to eat nothin'." (Still technically not a lie.)

"That's a double negative," Mom says cold-like.

"Oh was it? My mistake."

"So if you didn't... force him to eat nothin'... than you must've... forced him to eat sumpthin'..."

"Sorry, you lost me there," I say. My eyes wide like a deer caught in the headlights.

...

flip page

flip back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home