Cooties Ate My Father

A Gritty Tale of Cooties Gone Mad... Not for the Faint of Heart.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Page 13

...

"Sorry, you lost me there," I say. My eyes wide like a deer caught in the headlights.

"She says she didn't do it? She's a good kid! What're you making such a big fucking deal about!?" Dad says tossing another coin into the cussing jar. "I'm trying to have a pleasant breakfast, here! You know I'm gonna be out on the job today! I could get killed! This could be the last breakfast I ever eat!"

This was a ploy Dad used frequently to get people in our family to shut up. Mom and I call it the "I could die today" ploy. Unfortunately he'd used it so frequently it had become completely ineffective. Ironically this time it was true. This would be Dad's last breakfast. But there was to be no peace.

...

flip page

flip back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home