Cooties Ate My Father

A Gritty Tale of Cooties Gone Mad... Not for the Faint of Heart.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Page 10

...

I glanced wearily and with some terror up at Mom. Relieved to see the brunt of her anger was currently on Dad for his infraction. We were both pretty terrified of the lady. Dad fidgeted a little in his seat, and I didn't blame nor envy him. Mom is a smallish thin African American lady with a small poofy circular fro, that Dad keeps trying to get her to straighten. I think that if she did straighten her hair, and her features somehow softened a little she'd look a little like Jada Pinkett Smith (or rather Niobe from the Matrix,) she definitely has one of those post-apocalypse demeanors.... Only meaner. I think you get the picture.

(For the record it was explained to me that I am white like Dad, instead of black like Mom, on account of how Dad won the coin toss, and they therefor adopted a little white baby instead of a black one. [Dad later further confided to me that said coin toss had been rigged. "A fact which your mother can never ever know or the world as we know it will come to an end" was how he put it at the time. And so she never did find that out.])

...

flip page

flip back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home