Cooties Ate My Father

A Gritty Tale of Cooties Gone Mad... Not for the Faint of Heart.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Page 11

...

"I'm sorry about the outburst," Dad says rolling his eyes a little. "It's just that when I was a kid there was something called a code. The Code of the Schoolyard. You don't rat out your classmates to adults."

I nod my head a bunch of times, hoping with a hope I know is in vain, that Mom will see Dad's sage logic, and stay out of it.

"Actually Atti... Geofrey didn't break the Code. It was an adult who saw it."

"Well I'm sure they were mistaken, right Scout?"

I nod vehemently.

"Oh, so you didn't shove dirt in anyone's mouth, Jean Louise?" Mom says, eyeing me like a cockroach in need of squishing.

Dad shakes his head at me to indicate the answer I should give.

...

flip page

flip back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home