Cooties Ate My Father

A Gritty Tale of Cooties Gone Mad... Not for the Faint of Heart.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Page 2

...

So anyway: 5:59 AM. "Rise and shine, sweetheart," he says and tugs the blanket out from over my head, and kisses me on my forehead. I smile a little, but only involuntarily, then frown again and jerk the blanket back over my head. "Too early! More sleep!" I murmur demandingly. A moment later and the blanket and sheet are torn cruelly off of me and my purple pajamas, exposing us to the semi-cold Connecticut Autumn air. I curl into the fetal position, in protest. My eyes shut tight. "Too early!" I murmur again. That 's when the mattress tips over, and I go crashing onto the hard wood floor. My knees and palms sting from the impact.

"Crap! Ow! You're so evil!" i inform him.

"Kiddo, you have no idea," he says grinning. Gestures with a thumb for the door. "Up and at 'em! Breakfast and school await!"

"I don't want your prison food!"

"Fine." He shrugs. "More pancakes for me."

"Mom cooked pancakes?" My eyes are wide.

...

flip page,

flip back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home