Cooties Ate My Father

A Gritty Tale of Cooties Gone Mad... Not for the Faint of Heart.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Page 1

...

6:59 AM - "RISE AND SHINE, SWEETHEART."
...
(a last real conversation with dad)


5:59 AM was the hour at hand. A ghastly and ungodly hour to wake a child, but that's the nature parents, isn't it? "Cruel and unreasonable big people, who use their superior size and resources to control their young." - (That's also a definition from Webster's English Dictionary.)

"Rise and shine, sweetheart," were the words my father said to me. Those are the words I remember best from that day. Those weren't his last words, but they may as well have been.... And I suppose they were certainly more sentimental than his actual last words which were something like: "Arg. Oh God that hurts. Where the fuck are my legs and lower torso? Oh fuck." See? Not nearly as swell.

...

flip page,

flip back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home